Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 53. Laughing at Test Anxiety!

While there is all kinds of test anxieties, the test I am referring to here is not medical in nature...thank God!  Rather an academic test.  Specifically my online class on research!!    This week was our first test and tonight, after getting home from my walk, I finished up some reading and responded to the discussion questions online and did some review.

I felt so good that I decided to take the test today (Tuesday).  So I organized my notes (it was open book) and logged on to the test.  I had an hour and a half to do 24 questions!  Easy!  Not a problem! Well, 1 hour, 29 minutes and 57 seconds late I frantically pushed submit and watched the timer count all the way down to 1 second remaining before the message popped up that the test was submitted!  I literally started laughing hysterically as I wondered if my heart was going to pound right out of my chest!!!  It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be!  My brain doesn't work in the traditional logical sense so what makes sense to me doesn't always mean I did it the right way.  So I spent a lot of time double checking my answers and reconfirming them and trying to logically (as prescribed by the class readings and notes) figure out the answers on indicating what the Independent and Dependent variables were and things like that.  I think I can safely say that while I will always greatly appreciate research in my field...I don't know as I would be very happy writing it!!!  And I will be looking for the book "Evaluating Research For Dummies" at some point I am sure!  My test is completed and turned in though so the stress of doing it is gone!  Now I just have to wait for the grade!  At least, even though it was a bit hysterical, I still found myself laughing tonight!!!!!

No comments: