Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 33. A Little O & M:)

So my major is Orientation and Mobility for Adults and I LOVE what I am learning to do!  Any chance to teach or assist in teaching any amount of O & M is like candy to me!  I get a rush and the adrenaline pumps and I get excited and happy!!  As many of my friends can attest, once you give me an opening to talk about O & M or blindness and low vision, it's hard to get me to stop!  LOL!!

Today was my first day of class for Living Skills which is learning how to teach things like kitchen use (cooking and so on) as well as cleaning and many other things to people who are blind or visually impaired.  While it is not a part of my program I originally signed up to fill up some credits and get some extra information in the field.  Now I am starting to seriously consider adding a third certification in VRT.:)

I got a chance to help my instructor demonstrate Human Guide and a few more O & M skills to the class to help navigate around the kitchens and other rooms with a blindfold on and a partner.  It was exciting to have even a small chance to do some O & M this morning and I can't wait to find some more chances to practice these next two semesters:).

No comments: