Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 50 Pope Francis' Visit!

I have been watching some of the coverage of the Pope's visit on TV this week and have loved being able to see it all:).  It was so exciting to see someone I know (well, I know her more through friends than personally) perform for the pope!  Marie Miller did such a wonderful job!!!  She has an amazing voice and musical talent and she was up there, shining, with some pretty big names!!!

I actually had a chance to go to Philly for much of this but sadly had to decline as I couldn't miss that much school:(.  But then I reminded myself that I am not a huge fan of big crowds even with my white cane.  On top of which the people I would be going with, while wonderful people, don't really know me and I was not totally comfortable asking one of them to help me out with guiding through the crowds.  And while I am far away from chemo, having gone through that and going through surgical menopause...my energy level is not that of a 25 year old.  And yes, I know I am no where near 25 anymore anyway, in my head I feel like I should have that energy still.

So, putting all that aside, I have been loving watching the Holy Father and listening to what he has to say.  I noticed something tonight.  He came alive!  He has visited with the president and spoken to congress and the UN.  Each time he spoke to these large gatherings he was reserved, dignified and seemed to be holding back something.  That something came out tonight in his last address before he left the stage!  He was animated and smiling and pulling everyone there close to him with his words!  It was when he was talking about the family TO the families that it felt like he was getting excited and you had a feeling like he knew you inside and out and everyone there was a close friend, his parishioners that he takes care of.  There was just something I can't quite describe in words what I felt listening to him talk at the end.   And I can't help but smile and feel as if he was talking to me:)

No comments: