Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 40. Successful Sandwich Making!

Ok, I know this might sound funny but I will add a little background information:)  I am taking a class called Living Skills where I will learn how to teach people who are blind or visually impaired to do things such as cook, clean, pay bills and so many things people with sight don't think twice about.  Such as, making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without being able to see!

This morning I helped a classmate make a sandwich under the blindfold and then she helped me!  Not that we did the work for the other person but we observed their movements, looking for ways we can suggest to help them do it in the best way for them while making minimal mess...an issue a even person with 20/20 sight has to deal with:).  What I loved about this is that I felt like I was sliding in to another groove in this field.  I had initially decided to only pursue Orientation and Mobility.  I have since added getting certification in Low Vision Therapy and am now seriously considering a second Masters in Vision Rehab Therapy.  Living Skills is a class that is in that program and like O & M and Low Vision Therapy, I am starting to fall in love with this line of work in the field of Blindness and Low Vision.  My first love will always be O & M but if I can help people even more with this third certification, then I will!  And I think I will enjoy learning not only PB & J's but all other kinds of food and skills and someday helping others hone those skills in their lives!!



No comments: