Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 37. Music

I have always been someone who loves music.  When ever I drive the radio is on; whenever I write Pandora is on and when ever I walk to exercise there is always up beat music in my ears.  I think it not only fuels the imagination but it also can affect your emotions.  When I am sad I listen to soothing music.  When I am angry I go back and forth between quiet and up beat music.  When I am writing I listen to whatever song evokes the images in my head that I am trying to put on paper.  Each emotion requires a different kind of music.

I was so happy the day I discovered Pandora!  Because of that lovely app I have had music with me constantly.  And music, I have found, has helped me deal with a lot.  When I was going through chemo there was a lot of time when I couldn't listen to music.  For some reason I just couldn't process it and it was more noise than anything to me.  The day I could play music and not feel exhausted and disoriented was a happy day for me!

Today I am smiling because of music!  It brings to mind so many memories!  And it also helps sooth when I am feeling "rumpled in spirit". :).  I have felt that way a lot lately and I love that I can turn on Pandora and scan through until I find a song that at the sound of the first few notes I can feel the tension and sadness fade from me.

I know I am suppose to be writing about things that make me smile, and I am,  but the reason I am doing that is because there has been a lot this summer that has taken away my ability to smile so many times.  A lot of hurt and pain.  But tonight I was reminded when those sad thoughts start to dance through my mind, I can turn on my music and the melodies work to wash it away and I find myself smiling again.  :).  So thank you Lord for beautiful music of all kinds!  Because of music I am able to smile through anger, tears, frustration and confusion.  I honestly don't know what I would do without my music!  Probably have to resort to singing out loud!  And that wouldn't be pretty!  Lol!

No comments: