Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 38. A Good Book!

Ok, I know I missed yesterday but the day got away from me with home work and then an unfortunate reaction to what I had for dinner last night!!  Moving on from that and focusing on a good thing from yesterday and that is a good book!

I love to read but have a hard time reading a physical book because my eyes have become more sensitive than they were before chemo.  They tire so much faster than ever before.  I have always had a visual impairment but I could muscle through and just read while squinting and holding the book a few inches from my face.  During chemo I couldn't do that at all.  My eyes would get so tired so fast and I physically couldn't hold up the book I was reading as it was rather thick and heavy!  So I broke down and got the Kindle app on my tablet and bought the book I was reading on Kindle and then made the print nice and large.  I could prop the tablet up so I didn't have to hold it and read when I was awake enough:).

This was a HUGE help to me during chemo as I have always been able to loose myself in a good story.  To this day that hasn't changed and that is what I did last night as I was eating dinner.  I had gotten a book that was a pre-qual to the series I read during chemo and greatly enjoyed loosing myself in the story and remembering all the events that would come next and wishing they had gone further back and written books on the characters that weren't physically in the series but mentioned many times as the past of the world written about.  Any Robert Jordan fans out there?  Am I alone in wishing that some books will be written about the Age of Legends and how it came to an end??  Anyway, I am getting a little side tracked:).  I guess my point is that books are an amazing thing for anyone dealing with difficult times and amazing for people who aren't.  To find yourself in the world of characters you love and travel with them and be pulled into their lives is a pretty wonderful feeling!

In closing I am going to give a plug for my friend Nick Mason who is a fellow author and has managed to publish before me!  His first book, The Subversion Complex, can be ordered on Kindle and Amazon and is well worth checking out!  It is the first of a trilogy he is writing and is the kind of book that pulls you in to the characters and gives you a break from whatever you are doing.  I know I am looking forward to book two and book three:).  So check it out!





No comments: