Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, September 4, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 28. Happiness at the Fabric Store!

I am what is commonly known as a Fabricaholic!  While spell check may not like the word yet it is slowly making it's way into the English lexicon and is a real thing.  See, a Fabricaholic is a genetic disease that is passed on from mother to daughter and it is ingrained in childhood to not see this as a problem.  In fact, I see it as an opportunity.  An opportunity to create fun and beautiful things.  Some people manage it through making clothes, arts and craft cutesy things, blankets or just about anything!  I personally like to make blankets, tote bags, aprons, placemats and things along those lines.  I did take a sewing class to try to break into clothes and I was OK at it but it turned out to not be my thing:).

Today I went into JoAnn's Fabric to get some material for making rice bags for some friends.  I needed exactly two yards split between two patterns.  Oh the choices!  I haven't been in a fabric store in a while so it was pretty wonderful!!  LOL!  And I have made mental notes for future sewing projects but didn't buy the material yet.  Which is actually quite the accomplishment for a Fabricaholic!  My stash of material is growing but I don't think yet can rival my mother's or grandmother's!  I was so VERY tempted to add some Dr. Who material to it though for a future blanket!

I guess my point is I spent a happy 45 minutes just browsing materials and thinking what I could make with it!  I only walked out with what I went in to get (which, lets face it, is miraculous for any trip to any store!) and left with a smile on my face and ideas brimming in my mind!!!

No comments: