Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 47. Laughing at Murphy's law!

Everyone knows Murphy's law...if something can go wrong it will.  That was today and by the time I hit 2:30 pm all I could do was laugh at the craziness!  Maybe it doesn't sound truly insane when read but when you are living it...it's just nuts!

I couldn't sleep last night so when the alarm went off I hit snooze.  Then snooze again.  I hadn't built in two snooze slaps into my wake up time!  So I had to hit the ground running with some serious staggering until I could get my eyes to work properly and, you know, open!  I managed to get to class on time and was able to make a tuna fish sandwich and cut and peel vegetables without any issues.  (under a blindfold btw!)  But then I discovered I had written down the due date for an assignment wrong.  It was due today in my Living Skills class and I had it as due next Monday:(.  I love my understanding and flexible teachers!!  So after class I flew home with a short three hour window to finish writing a detailed task analysis (that I had really barely started...ok, not really at all!) before I had to go to the Low Vision Clinic for my hours!  I was on a role and going strong until shortly before 2 pm as I was closing in on finishing writing the assignment.  I had two more sections to go and then just had to double check my work...and the batteries in my mouse died!  Just a hint...don't ignore the low battery warning on your mouse!  So I went to my batterie stash in my desk drawer...it was empty.  One mad dash to the store later I popped the batteries in and waited impatiently for the mouse to reconnect to the computer.  As I sat there waiting to see if my computer was purposely taking it's sweet time detecting my mouse, my stomach started rumbling and growling, reminding me that the tuna fish sandwich and one slightly oniony tasting piece of apple in class was not enough to get me through to dinner at 8 pm!  And oh shoot I needed to get my dinner in the crock pot!!!  Fortunately, just then the mouse and computer found each other and decided to get back together so I was able to finish my assignment, double check it and email it to my teacher!!  

Ok, so now I have about a half an hour before I have to get ready and I scan my food and realize the only thing I had that cooked fast was Stove Topped stuffing.  I'm not ashamed to admit it...lunch was stuffing!  Ten minutes or so of sitting on the couch eating "lunch" was my relaxation for the day and I found myself laughing over the craziness that lead to my unorthodox lunch that day!  Yes, things kept going wrong!  But I still managed to over come the nuttiness....if perhaps not in the most organized way!  Murphy may come knocking at my door with her laws but I am happy to say I am able to laugh in Murphy's face!!  Lol!:)

P.S.  Dinner got put in the crock pot and was delicious!!!

No comments: