Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

365 Things to Smile About. Days 208 & 209. A Flight Home

Tonight I caught a flight from Flint to Baltimore to head home to Virginia. Normally flying is a cramped and a little bit frightening experience for me. Before I even got on the plane I ended up having a nice conversation with a couple of ladies both waiting for the same flight.

I learned something new about Southwest. You are not assigned seats, it's first come first serve. I was one of the first on the plane and so chose a seat in the front.  One of the ladies I had been talking to saw me sitting there and asked if she could sit next to me. When the other lady came on the plane she flagged her over and the three of us ended up having a very delightful flight all the way to Baltimore.

We chatted and laughed and they helped me get through my fear of take off until we leveled out! It was just nice to sit and talk to the ladies back-and-forth and when I started to get a little sleepy they just very quietly turned the conversation to between the two of them. When I got off the plane the woman who sat next to me very kindly came over to make sure I knew where I was going and then gave me a big hug!  Lol!

As I walked into baggage claim I saw my friend Katie waiting for me and was so happy and excited to see her and be home again that I honestly couldn't think of a better way to end the day!!

And so I'm home in Virginia for a few days!  I can't wait to see more friends and just have a wonderful long weekend here!!!  Can't wait until tomorrow!!!

I took the pictures below from my window on the plane once we broke through the cloud cover!  It was beautiful to see!!'









No comments: