Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 220. Flaming Bacon!!!

I am not the worlds best cook by any stretch.  In fact, I would have to say that in the past few years my cooking skills (and desire) have declined!  This is in large part due to school and being too tired to cook and also my ever changing taste buds...or sometimes the lack there of!  (horrible things have happened to good food because of these stupid taste buds!)  At any rate, sometimes I decide to try to make a recipe I have seen on Facebook that made my mouth water and stretches my culinary "talents"!  Tonight was just such an attempt!

It was a chicken recipe that I will not go into too much detail other than it was wrapped in bacon.  You bake it for 30 minutes but then you have to do a few minutes on each side with the broiler on.  I learned something tonight.  When cooking bacon with a broiler...the spit that comes off the bacon when it pops can catch on fire briefly!!  I discovered this when I opened the oven after a few minutes of broil to flip the chicken.  As I stepped back to let the wave of heat to pass I heard a hiss and then a decent sized flame burst out and made me jump back a few more steps!!  It was only for a couple seconds and then went out but I quickly grabbed the pan out and shut the door!  Lol!!!  The bacon was just fine and after I flipped it, I put it in for a shorter time.  No more flames appeared and the bacon wrapped chicken with cream cheese filling tasted DELICIOUS!!

It was dinner with a show tonight!!  Nothing like spontaneous flames in your oven to get your heart racing and make you laugh nervously and wonder if perhaps venturing outside your cooking comfort zone is not always the best idea!!!  I think I shall avoid further recipes that call for broiling bacon!  Lol!  Flaming bacon just might not fly with my apartment complex!  But if anyone else feels adventurous and has their house insurance paid up, ask me for the recipe and I will pass it on!  It really was quite good!!

No comments: