Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, March 7, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 212. Exploring


Today I decided to take a break from planning and organizing and running around with friends. I hopped the metro into DC with the plan to find a bench on the Mall and sit in the shade and do some thinking on everything that is starting to happen with moving and school and new chapters. But the Mall was being torn up for some construction of some kind. 

So, I meandered around looking for a lunch place and just letting the sun shine down and the wind blow in my face and that was almost as relaxing as my original plan. Yes, I let myself think on some of the things going on but also focused on finding something to do. I ended up going to Fords Theatre and crossed a small item off of my bucket list this afternoon:). It was nice!  I love history and I really love it when I can see history. 

Once I finished taking my pictures I just sat in one of the theatre chairs and soaked it all in.  That's one of the many things I love about Virginia and DC...you walk through history in these places!  So while things didn't go as planned today, I still enjoyed my time exploring a new place today and checking off another item in my list. 😊










2 comments:

Julie said...

I kinda held my breath as I read your first paragraph, knowing the Mall was hardly picturesque right now! Glad you found elsewhere to go! Another day, the the redline to Glenmont and you'll be 5 minutes from my house.

Catherine said...

Lol! I was a bit disappointed but there is plenty to keep me busy in that town:)