Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 227. It's Not the Same:)

Today was not the best day.  When nausea wakes you up just after 6 am, you know it is not going to be good.  A 24 hour flu decided to pay me a visit and most of the day was spent in bed sleeping and drinking water and sleeping and drinking some more water.  By evening I was starting to wake up and the nausea had passed.  This time was almost harder.  Because this is the time my brain started working again.

All I could think about was how this was how I felt for at minimum a week after chemo.  This nausea I took meds like clockwork for every 6 hours and the exhaustion and fuzzy disconnected feeling.  It brought back all those memories and feelings like it was yesterday:(.  So I did the only thing that helps me in moments like that.  I called my mom to talk to her about it.  I asked her if she thought it was strange that being sick right now just made me think of being chemo sick.  She said she wasn't surprised at all and it was completely normal.  But the good news was, there wasn't going to be another smack down.  There was no chemo coming to make me feel worse and I was only going to get better from here on out.  And that did make me smile.  Not a big smile but it did give me something to smile a little about:).  Yeah, the flu stinks.  But you get over the flu:).  Maybe I feel miserable and exhausted now but I know it is only going to get better:).

No comments: