Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, August 31, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 24. My last night with friends.

As sad as I am tonight to be leaving Virginia in the morning I am full of wonderful, happy memories to keep me smiling through the semester!  Tonight was a perfect ending to my trip:).

Tonight Ginny and Carolyn and I went in to DC on what has become a traditional outing to the Lincoln Memorial where we walk around back and sit and watch the sun set over the Potomac and Arlington. It's so quiet and peaceful and we sit there, each lost in our own thoughts and enjoying the breeze off the water. After a while we start chatting some but really it's about just three friends spending time together:). 

A perfect ending to a lovely trip!  It was so wonderful to see so many friends and spend time visiting, catching up and just BEING with the people I love and miss so much!!  On top of that I got a chance to roam around my mountains in the Shenandoah Valley and explore the many beautiful spots in DC!  These few weeks were exactly what I needed to unplug from Kalamazoo and everything there and a chance to deal with some difficult issues and emotions. Not every moment was perfect but I was surrounded by friends who were there to support me in the difficult times and make me laugh and helped me find all these things to keep smiling about:). Wherever I land a year from now (and I'm hoping it will be in this area) I know that I can always come back here and find the peace and love that brings me back to good and happy places:). With many, many things to smile about!  Goodbye my lovely Virginia and all my lovely friends!!!  Thank you for all the wonderful memories!!!















No comments: