Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, August 10, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 3 A Step Forward!

Today I have printed my study guide for my COMS Certifucation exam in Orientation and Mobility!  One may ask why I'm smiling over studying for an exam.  This test is a huge step forward in my career!  

When I was a few months out of chemo I found this field (Blindness and Low Vision) and fell in love with it for so many reasons!!!  One of them being it gave me direction, a drive to move forward. A reason to get out of bed and push on. I have two more semesters of classes and an internship. If I can pass this test before that's done I will hit the ground running once my internship is over.   I can get down to the business of helping others and giving back to the men and women who served our country by hopefully working for the V.A.  

This study guide, while daunting, puts a HUGE smile on my face!!  It's another step.  Another step away from cancer and chemo.  Another step towards a future that I can't wait to pour myself in to. A future. Just that thought puts a smile on my face.  :) ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

No comments: