Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 4 Hitting 100!!

Since last March I have been working on accruing observation hours at the Low Vision Clinic near my home for my Low Vision Certification.  It's a slow process as there is generally hours only available one night a week.  I need a total of 350 hours to be certified and as of tonight...I have surpassed 100 hours!!!!!  I was doing the happy dance tonight!!!!

On top of this, I was able to get a new pair of sunglasses that are tinted nice and dark, are polarized and fit over my glasses!  Plus they look really cute!!  While this might not seem something to make a person smile like crazy, and perhaps giggle like a kid at Christmas for a moment, you have to understand that these were really important for me to get!  I have always had very light sensitive eyes.  I noticed after chemo they have become even more light sensitive, and that is not easing up.  My current prescription sunglasses are no longer dark enough and the pain of photophobia can be pretty intense!!  So these glasses are a wonderful thing to get and I am sending out a lot of thanks and hugs to my fellow Low Vision Clinic peeps for encouraging me to get them!

So two big things to smile about today!!  I have surpassed 100 hours towards my low vision certification AND I have cute sunglasses so I can enjoy being outside more!!!!

No comments: