Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, August 24, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 17. Laughing until you can't breath!!

So many people ask me why I want to go back to Virginia. I have to say in large part it is because of all of my friends who make me laugh so much!  Tonight was no exception. At one point I thought I was going to stop breathing! That wonderful feeling of laughing with friends over the silliest of things. Sometimes over nothing at all. Even just a face made to a comment will send you off into peals of uncontrollable laughter!

There have been so many things in my life both past and present that have been so very painful and so very sad that laughing tonight so much helped me remember what's important. If you can't laugh with somebody, especially somebody who says they love you and somebody you think you love, then there is something very wrong.  You have to be able to laugh with those you love.  And tonight I was surrounded by friends that make me laugh so hard I can forget those who have been in my life who could not laugh.  A true friend is someone who will make you laugh so hard you are wiping tears from your face or reach for your inhaler!  I know it sounds crazy! But laughing is so very important!  And tonight that's all I did!  And it was wonderful!!!









No comments: