Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 2 Baby's Smiles

So today has turned out to be a sleepy day, and not for lack of trying to get up and go.  One of the lovely side affects of chemo is a set of VERY sensitive sinuses!  Guess what folks, a low or a high is coming to West Michigan!  I can't tell you which and I can't tell you when but I can definitely tell you it is coming!  I ended up curled up on the couch sound asleep in the late afternoon and woke up somehow with my head even more tight!  Can we say sinus meds after dinner?!  Too strong for an empty stomach.

Anyway, I have been trying to keep doing things that are positive and smile worthy.  I'm working on my latest knitting project.  And by knitting project I mean a one color afghan done only in the knit stitch because I keep forgetting to knit and pearl different rows!  I was sitting at my computer after my impromptu nap wondering what I could write here.  Then I remembered church this morning and found myself smiling.

My church is nearing the end of a renovation and Mass has been held for several weeks in the church hall while floors and pews have been replaced.  It has made for cozy mass times as it is a fraction of the size of the church.  Because I always get too hot and then claustrophobic I try to sit by the one entrance to the hall.  This way I on occasion catch a breeze.  I also see everyone who comes in (and learned today there is no way to unobtrusively enter when the consecration is beginning.  Especially when you are a big family.  Not sure if they had car problems but man I felt bad for them trying to find a seat and trying to be invisible while doing it!)   Before Mass started however, I saw a mom walk in, and back out, and back in again with the cutest little boy in her arms who was under a year old.  Anyway, each time they walked by me, the little boy was smiling and pointing at something.  When they came back in, he looked at me and gave a small smile and pointed at me.  It was really a very small thing but every time I think about it today, I honestly find myself smiling and even laughing a little bit!  Who is able to resist the smiles of a baby, especially when that smile and attention is directed at you?!

So for today, since it has made me smile many times already, I am counting this small moment as my daily thing to smile about!  And adding to it the second Bingo page of things to do my best friend made and sent me to play that game with.  I do believe she visited the Kalamazoo Events page because there are quite a few local festivals on it!  So a baby's smiles and a friends encouragement from over seas has made my day 2 a success!

No comments: