Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, August 14, 2015

365 Things To Smile About Day 7. A Stroll Around the Tidal Basin

Today I headed into DC for the afternoon on my own to get reacquainted with my favorite city.  My plan was to go to a museum but I somehow found myself fallowing signs to the water front and ended up at the tidal basin. 

It was beautiful out so I started walking around to the Jefferson Memorial!  It was a warm but very nice day and I loved strolling along the water and under trees. I sat on the memorial steps for a bit and then went inside. It is really quite beautiful and impressive there!

After a time I went downstairs and was browsing the shop when we were told we had to leave due to smoke from a busted hand dryer!  It was quite something to watch the fire trucks drive around the basin, and one even drove up in front of the memorial!  A little over kill but nice to know our monuments are looked after:)

The walk back to the metro was tiring but just as picturesque and the whole outing very much something to smile over:)








No comments: