Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, September 30, 2016

My New Normal Day 44. First Presentation!

Today was a first for me!  I gave a seminar to the heads of departments at a very large resort in Orlando to help educate them on how to work with an organization of the blind who will be holding a weekend conference there.  It was really exciting!  I got to educate people on blindness and low vision and it was a really great group at the seminar!  Really good questions were asked and problem solving on how to make accommodations.

What I loved is that I did it alone!  And other than the occasional tendency to talk a little fast now and then when I got excited, I think I nailed it!  There are certainly things I'll do differently next time and I know I can always improve.  But for my first time presenting and speaking on behalf of my field...I think it went pretty great!!

Picture:  The meeting room I spoke in.  Tables shaped in a U with black covers and green seats with the table I sat at facing the open end of the U.  My laptop is on my table and a place card with my name and company written on it!  I seriously considered asking if I could take the place card with my name as a remembrance but kept it professional and didn't.  I have the picture!  LOL!




No comments: