Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, September 19, 2016

My New Normal Day 33. New Confidence!

One of the things of starting in a new field are the new opportunities coming my way.  It is a small thing really and part of the job but I'm excited.  I am going to be giving an educational class to hotel employees who will be hosting a conference for people in the Blind Rehab field.  As many of my friends can attest, I love talking about my field but it has always been to friends.  Yes, educating, but not to professionals outside the field.  This is the first time that I get to educate and help spread the word about blind rehab.   I am feeling good and confident and excited!!!  Can't wait to get more opportunities like this!

In the past, I might have been passionate about something but I usually kept that passion only among friends.  Now though, I have a drive that I didn't have before.  I have a confidence that I lacked in myself when it came to something I really believed in.  I still struggle with confidence now and then personally but when it comes to my work...all the passion comes out whenever I get the chance!

No comments: