Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

My New Normal Day 29 & 30. Routine

I started a little weekend ritual before I left Richmond of going to Panera for breakfast on Saturday mornings.  I grew to LOVE the quiche there!  I have been back and forth since I got down to Florida but I finally found a Panera that I can get to in ten minutes from my new place. :)

I have noticed in the past couple years since being sick that I really depend on routines.  It's not that I can't be spontaneous anymore, it is just feels like I need to be more organized and prepared.  I like having a plan for most things.  Surprises are still nice but I have noticed that if I don't keep a routine I forget things even more easily.  And that is just incredibly frustrating!!

I have the option of finishing some of my work at home, such as reports and the like.  I can't bring myself to bring my work home for two reasons.  The reason I use at work is I like to keep a separation between my work life and my personal life.  Which is very true.  But if I also spread out where I work from just my desk at work to home....I'm not sure my post it note organizational pattern that works GREAT at work will travel well!  Lol!

I guess it is just my way of dealing with the memory problems that were left as a parting gift from the chemo drugs.  Something I hate having to say because when you don't look like you have gone through chemo people don't always understand.  So I use my routine to stay organized and get things accomplished. :).  Definitely not how I was before it all but I am learning new ways to fit everything into my New Normal. :)

No comments: