Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

My New Normal Days 35 & 36. Biker Chic at Heart!

One of the things most people don't know about me is my love for motorcycles.  I have wanted one since I was in high school!  No, I don't know all the different details about them and haven't actually had a chance to ever ride one (thanks to my little brothers telling their friends they couldn't take me on rides!) but I love them non the less!  When the engine roars to life I get a thrill down my spine!!!

Friday, after work, I walked outside and saw two motor cycles parked next to my car.  I went over to chat with the guys by them as two of the three were people I worked with.  One of the bikes was an Indian and I had often heard my brother extol the virtues of that particular brand of bike!  After a little bit of chatting I got the nerve to ask if I could sit on it.  A little note about bikes, it is highly and strongly recommend that any bike you ride, you be able to sit on it with both your feet flat on the ground.  It isn't a rule every one follows but seeing as I want to be as careful as possible when I do eventually get my own bike, I have it firmly fixed in my head that my feet must be flat.  When you are only about 5 feet 3 inches, and your legs are not the longer half of your body, finding bikes low enough that don't sound like a bumble bee that just inhaled helium is a challenge!  Not to mention finding one with enough power to be taken off the back roads and on to highways!

Imagine my absolute delight when I settled in on this 1100 cc bike (I had been told I wouldn't find much over 550 cc that I could fit on) and not only was it comfortable but I also had both feet flat on the ground!!  It felt great and balanced beautifully when I straitened it off it's kick stand!!  I couldn't stop laughing and the guys around me joined in at my elation!  One even kindly agreed to take my picture so I could send it to my brother!  Lol!  I just needed some sturdier shoes and my helmet from my apartment and I would have been begging for a ride!!  It was the best way to end my work week!!!

Picture:  Me sitting on the bike with it off the kickstand, my sunglasses on and a huge smile on my face!



No comments: