Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, October 2, 2016

My New Normal Days 45 and 46 Pillows

One of the best inventions ever made was the pillow!  For the past two days I have been curled up in bed fighting some kind of sinus bug and am so very grateful for my pillows!  I have four of them.  Two are amazing, lavender scented memory foam, breathable pillows and two are fluffy pillows from the Furniture Store.  I realized this evening that different combinations of these pillows all around my head, shoulders, arms and back have kept me sleeping comfortably off and on for the past 48 hours.

My pillows are currently arranged to basically make a little, enfolding nook that I can crawl into and and immediately sink down and close my eyes.  When I stood up to go take a shower I turned on a light and had to laugh as it looked like a nest of pillows and sheets perfectly formed to fit me!  I am not a very good patient.  When I feel sick it feels like nothing in the world will ever go right.  And I really hate being sick alone.  But this little haven of pillows is helping me forget that train of thought and helping me rest and hopefully be back up on my feet again in the morning for another busy week of work...or at least a toned down version of it!


No comments: