Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My New Normal Day 41. Hello Freaky Kitty!

First of all, I have to say that it isn't even October yet and for the past week or so I have been driving by a house near my office that is so decked out for Halloween it is insane!  Really people?!?!  Can we keep our holidays in perspective?  Or at least in the month it occurs!?

That being said, I freely admit that I have been finding myself looking forward to passing this house for one big reason...emphasis on BIG!  Among the MANY decorations on their front lawn, these Halloween loving denizens of the fruity crazy nut house who celebrate too early, is a GIANT, house sized, blow up Black Cat standing guard with a creepy, cheshire grin plastered on it's helium filled face!  Don't believe me?  Check out the picture below!  It's unfortunately placed hindquarters come to the top of the house's window!  Imagine waking up to that image every morning!

However, I need to thank the over eager decorators for supplying me with an image that almost never fails to put a smile on my face!  And so, as I drove by trying to get to an open road that would let me into my office parking lot (Michigan road work has NOTHING on Orlando for "what the hell?!" moments!), I slowed to crawl at the light and snapped a picture of the feline that has gone from a god like creature in ancient Egypt, and friend to all witches, to a monstrously scaled lawn ornament in modern day North America!  Roll over in your graves pharos, witches and cat ladies and then laugh at the ridiculousness that grins before you!

Picture:  A house sized blow up Halloween cat among smaller blow up halloween decorations in the front yard of a house.



No comments: