Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

My New Normal Days 37 & 38. FINALLY!!!

I was bummed this weekend because I had planned to go visit one of my brothers today.  However, due to my car slowly turning into a pool (leak to be fixed Monday!) the smell of mildew from the constant water on my floor has made my car just a little too much to tolerate for long periods of time...as I learned Friday after my third pull on my inhaler spending a total of 2.5 hours driving in Orlando traffic!  A two hour drive each way was more than my lungs could handle this weekend:(.

That being said, I finally, after weeks hunting and wanting to pull my hair out, I found a table!!!  That might seem small but let me set the stage a little.  One of the things that helps me relax is sewing on different projects.  I can have music or the TV or nothing at all going in the back ground and just get lost in the project for hours and I feel great!  I haven't been able to do this since April.  When I got down to Florida, I felt like I could finally get back to one of my ways to relax...once I could find a table.  This is when I started finding myself really missing my mini van and friends stronger than I am!  I had to pass on many a great deal because I couldn't lift the table on my own and I couldn't find a way to safely transport it with my little sedan.  And tying a table on the roof of my car, while the most often solution offered, was not something I was going to even try!

As I sat looking at my tablet this morning I continued my search through different furniture websites, looking for something that didn't cost an arm and a leg and could be delivered!  And there it was, a store less than two miles from where I lived with tables I could afford!!  With a puff on my inhaler I jumped into my car and headed down the road!  After walking through the bargain room a couple times with a very helpful sales lady, I landed on the table now nestled in the last open space in my apartment!  Lol!  My sewing machine is set up and after one quick trip to JoAnn's I will be able to get back to my sewing projects!

Picture: A large brown table with my sewing machine on it and pieces of different colored fabric around it.




No comments: