Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, September 30, 2016

My New Normal Days 42 & 43. Making Plans!

When I was going through treatments one of the things my mom and I would do to help get through it is talk about all the things I wanted to do when I had the ability to hold my head up again.  We made a lot of plans to do things that mostly involved traveling.  Going to Laura Ingalls-Wilder's grave.  Go to Prince Edward Island to see the inspiration for the Anne of Green Gables series.  There were a lot more plans but those two are the two that have stuck in my mind!

Then I started to get better and I jumped into Grad school before I was even recovered and haven't really stopped.  My life was on a certain path, and it was a good path and has taken me to where I am today.  But I realized that I didn't do even one of the things I had planned!  Then, as I was sitting at my table planning out how to switch from a once a month budget to a bi monthly budget (harder than it sounds!) I realized I could start making those kinds of plans again!  And I actually already have!

I have a trip to see my parents in the works.  I am also going to be spending my birthday with friends back home in Virginia!  Christmas in Michigan!  I'm planning a short trip to St. Augustine (about an hour and half away) to see friends in November.  I'm going to see one of my brothers tomorrow.  I am going to be going to NASA (again, only an hour and a half away!) as soon as I have a weekend!  I want to spend a weekend on the ocean this winter!  I am already making plans to go to two different conferences in my field next year!  And sometime in the spring I am going to meet friends in NYC to see Anastasia!  At least thats the plan!  Lol!

And I am working like crazy and budgeting and doing everything I can to make it all happen!  And even if in reality only half of it happens...I'm so excited!  Because I am MAKING PLANS!!  The door that I thought had slammed closed in my face is opening again.  Sure, this fall is going to have some rough times too.  I have to get a new Oncologist and go through scans and tests and the anxiety of waiting for it all.  But in the mean time, I am setting plans in motion and living my life to the fullest!  Doing what makes me happy!  And who knows, maybe I will still make it out west to Laura's prairies and north to Anne's beautiful island!

Picture:  The shore line of Prince Edward Island.  Waves rolling against red cliffs with green grass along the top and blue skies with wispy, white clouds.


No comments: