Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My New Normal Day 34. Things I Never Saw Myself Saying!

I often hear my friends with kids repeat back the things their kids say.  I see the man posts on Facebook and I often find myself wiping tears from my eyes laughing at what is said!  I realized today that I am starting to say sentences, that while not as funny, are ones I never thought I would hear myself say!

For example, this morning I was trying to explain the concept of crossing at an all quiet and waiting for any masking sounds to pass by.  In other words, listen for when there are no cars coming towards you and no other ambient sounds that could be masking the sound of an approaching car.  As my client and I stood patiently waiting for an over head helicopter to pass by I was annoyed to see it start to circle back around before the sound had faded enough to not mask a car.  As I watched it circle us a third time I made a comment on it and my client calmly informed me that there are often helicopters looking for someone in the area.  I then realized that the big, razor wired fence I pass every time I visit this client is in fact a prison!  And the helicopters are searching for people who belong behind the scary fence!  In my frustration, as the helicopter circled a fourth time, I yelled up at it "He isn't here!!  Move on already, I need an all quiet!"  As my client was laughing at my frustration, we were both astonished to suddenly see the helicopter leave it's circling pattern and fly away!  As we settled down after about a minute of laughing the reason for the helicopter moving roared over head...stupid airplane!

Needless to say I have never found myself yelling at a helicopter before!  I am sure the neighbors, watching the crazy blonde chic following their neighbor around, were considering calling some of the rulers of the scary fence to come and check out why she was yelling at the skies! I have a perfectly logical answer.  I need the police to go hunt elsewhere so I can illustrate an all quiet crossing for my client so they can safely cross the street without relying on their eyes!  I mean honestly, isn't that reasonable?!  Lol!







No comments: