Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 264. Amazing Role Models!

Today I went by the V.A. to get my last time sheet signed and say goodbye to the wonderful people who have been so great to learn under!  They weren't all there but I wanted to say something about them because they will forever be the role models I look back to throughout my career!  They were the ones I first saw in action in the field and will always hold a special place in my heart as they helped me build my love for the work I will be doing!

My supervisor Joanna who first agreed to take me on for my low vision hours!  She taught me so much on how to teach low vision devices and how to listen and respond in a way that shows true empathy and understanding to the patients.  She became such a dear and loving friend that I honestly don't know what I would have done without her!!

Kimberly, who's strength and happiness is something I wish to be able to show myself!  Her willingness to answer all my questions and encourage me in the field is keeping me going as I nervously but excitedly walk into my O&M internship!!

Angela, who makes me smile as soon as she smiles!  She just has one of those infectious smiles you can't help yourself!!!  And who introduced me to new low vision gadgets and encouraged me to learn them and keep learning new ones whenever I come across them!

And Kim!  Who's beautiful hair I will be forever jealous of and who's ability to not only teach Assistive technology is pretty amazing but also her calmness in the face of the inevitable bugs that pop up in technology is enviable!

And of course Dr. J!  Over a year of observing and working with him has not only taught me so much in my field but also taught me so much more about being a good person with compassion and care for each individual I work with!!  If I am good in this field, I credit a large amount of that to his guidance, understanding and education.  A role model that I will always remember and return to with questions and share all the big moments with!

Thank you to all of you for everything you have given me!!!  I wouldn't be where I am right now without your guidance, support and encouragement!!!!  Love you all!!!!





No comments: