Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 256. Taking a Moment.

As mentioned previously, I have been down with a nasty cold this week.  Today I had to pull myself up and go to a meeting with my academic supervisor.  As I walked out of my apartment into the sunshine, I stopped and took a second to just enjoy the warm sun and fresh air.  I had been outside a couple times this week but each time I was so focused on doing what I had to and getting back to bed I didn't appreciate the warmer weather!  But today, I happily stopped and let the breeze blow on my face.  I can't say I took a deep breath or even smelt anything, not that much better yet, but I did appreciate the moment.

That is something I am starting to do more and more over the past few years.  And with so much happening and changing in my life right now, I am having to remind myself to stop and take those moments.  Even if it is just standing for a few seconds outside my apartment, closing my eyes, and feeling the breeze on my face:).  Try it...it really can help everything start to feel better:).

No comments: