Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, April 7, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 243. Hello Taste Buds!

During chemo my taste buds were so erratic and crazy that I stopped trusting them beyond the moment.  The only thing I knew for sure was that any food with any kind of metal that even touched it would taste like I was chewing tinfoil!  Afterwards, they slowly started to even out.  Or so I thought.  I have noticed since being back on my own and cooking for myself that my taste buds working properly are rather hit and miss.  I never know when something I am cooking is going to taste right!  It can make dinner...interesting.

Tonight was a good night though.  I had some steak that I cut up into strips and marinaded then covered with flour and threw into a pan on the stove.  And my random gamble of cooking paid off!!  Lol!  Or at least it tasted that way to me!  Lol!  Then I added a hand full of baby carrots and settled in to watch some Enterprise on Netflix.  :)  It doesn't happen too often but once in a while my cooking comes out ok!   Here's hoping it only gets better!

No comments: