Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, April 25, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 261. Last Day at the Clinic

For over a year now I have been doing observations and work at the low vision clinic.  I have really loved every part of this experience and have come to love low vision therapy as much as O and M!  Every night I had clinic (once to twice a week) I felt a surge of energy and excitement!!!

I never knew if that night I would be able to make a small difference in someone's life!  I always knew I would be laughing about something because the people who work there are some of the best people who are always ready to share a laugh!  I started to think of the clinic as my Happy Place:).  When the clinic coordinator heard me call it that once he caught on and would often tease me about the clinic being my happy place:).  I think he was glad it was such a positive place to me:).  And it really was!  I learned so much there.  Not just in being able to help others but also about me.  It's hard to really describe but being there helped me become more calm and focused.  I walked in there and could relax and put things in perspective.

I am going to greatly miss all my friends there!  I was so touched that they got me a card and everyone signed it for me!  I couldn't stop giving hugs to everyone who has been so kind and loving and supportive and just plain wonderful!!  They were my first real foray into the field of blindness and low vision outside of my classes and they made me love this field even more!  I only hope I am able to make them proud!!

No comments: