Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Days 164 Good friends:)

Yesterday was a rough and stressful day so I ended up not getting the blog post up for it until today.

I had to go into the hospital where I was first diagnosed yesterday to get my prep for my annual CT scan.  Because of my school schedule I have to have it done out here rather than the usual hospital I go to.  This was actually pretty frightening.  The last time I was walking through those on the first floor I was going in for my hysterectomy and staging of my cancer.  And before that I had spent a terrifying 5 days at that hospital trying to figure out what was wrong with me!  So needless to say, I did not want to walk back in there.  I had been forced to go to the ER a year ago because I got really sick during school and that was a frightening experience...bringing back so many memories I had tried to bury for a while.

I knew I had to go though.  I just couldn't bring myself to get in my car and drive there.  And that is where a very good friend came in!  I asked if he could help me out and he was there for me with no hesitation!  He picked me up, drove me there and walked in with me.  He kept me talking and kept trying to make me laugh with his positive and optimistic and silly way:).  I keep on trying to do so much of this alone thinking that I can't always rely on my parents to be there for me.  They have been my primary support system in this whole journey and I have been afraid to reach out to friends to help in the physical support.  I was so grateful I reached out yesterday though!  And I love this friend even more!!  He stepped into that support role without a question and held me up and kept me moving yesterday to do what I had to do!  Definitely worth smiling about!


No comments: