Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 163. Relaxing and Sewing:)

Something I learned many years back is that sewing on blankets or other projects (not clothes) relaxes me.  Earlier today I was talking to a friend and she mentioned she had gotten a new bed and head board that she loved.  So I asked her if I could make a blanket for her.  We settled on the colors (a nice combo of purples!) and I got the fabric this evening and started working on it a couple hours ago:).

I was reminded how much I can relax while sewing.  I put on some pleasant, instrumental music and let it wash over me.  There is a repetitiveness to sewing that I find soothing along with the music.  And I love seeing something I am making come together piece by piece:).  It also gives me time to just let my mind wander in a positive way.  One thought I had was thinking into the future.  Just an image in my mind of sewing one night and having my little daughter come out from bed because she had woken up and needed a hug.  And no, I don't have a daughter right now but the image that came to mind made me stop and realize how much I want that  picture in my mind to be true some day.  So not only does sewing help me relax but that relaxing helps me see what is really important to me:).


No comments: