Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 158. Choose to Laugh!

There are so many times in life where we find ourselves saying "I just wanted to cry". And about half the time we are actually just joking. But sometimes there comes a time when we really, really just want to cry.  It is in those moments where we have a choice. We can either cry like we so desperately want to or we can laugh.

This morning when I went out to my car to go to class I was greeted by probably 6 inches of snow on the ground.  It felt more like a foot on top of my car! And while my car is not very big, neither am I!  Even with all 5 foot three of me and my Snowbrush and scraper I could not get all the snow off the top of my car!  It was a huge struggle just to get it off my windshield!  Now let's add in the fact that it was rather windy this morning and still snowing. That really fine snow that can find its way into the smallest little crack and crevice anywhere. So as I was wiping the snow off my car, it was being blown back into my face!  A rather blinding and chilly experience!  With a face and a mouth full of snow and wind blowing even more at me I hit that point of just wanting to cry.

Then I realized two things. First, if I started to cry it would simply just freeze on my face and make things worse. The other thing that I could do is laugh. So I started laughing and couldn't stop until after I got my car cleaned off and was sitting inside it trying to warm up!  It was ridiculous! There was snow everywhere and I simply couldn't get away from it! I had it in my coat, up the legs of my jeans and plastered on my face and in my hair! And I am not a fan of snow! But laughing about it made me realize it's really not that big of a deal and actually I must've looked pretty hilarious laughing and jumping trying to get the snow from the center of my windshield and back window off of my car without all of it going down the inside of the collar of my jacket!!  

So when you are faced with a very strong urge to cry in fear, anger, frustration or any other emotion...take a step back and laugh instead!  I promise, if you laugh about it instead of getting angry about it, it'll make the rest of your day so much better! So given the chance of cry or laugh…laugh!!!













No comments: