Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, January 1, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 146 & 147. Encouragement is Amazing!!!

So yesterday and today were two big holidays...New Years Eve and New Years Day.  I am not a big party person and actually had a nice evening home with my parents watching The Happiest Millionaire (which, by the way I completely recommend!  It is an old movie with Fred McMurry and will make you laugh crazy hard!).    Anyway, I was going to come up with a blog about making New Years resolutions and how I have them and I do and I will get to those in another post but right now I want to write about something that happened when I logged in to blog tonight.

I don't often get comments on my blog and thats ok.  I started this because I needed something to pull me out of a really bad funk.  And I actually continue to lean on this when I get down.  But today I got a lovely and amazingly encouraging comment on my last post.  It made me think about encouragement and how it helps you in moving forward.  One of the things I love about the cancer support pages I follow like Stupid Cancer and Kick Endometrial Cancer in the Face is that we can start threads asking for advice or a few words for help and it will start a long thread of amazing encouragement!  The comment I got was just like that!  It made me smile and laugh so much!  I was completely delighted that something I am doing...as small as it is...helps someone!  I feel a little less selfish in writing theses for myself seeing that someone else can get something from it too:).  

So I am encouraging people to reach out when something they read or hear or see touches them and makes them stop and think or smile.  Wether online or in person.  Give that person or group a little encouragement because it can make the day of someone you don't even know!  Compliment someone on their clothes, or hair, or well behaved kids or just smile at people and see them smile back!  Make comments on their posts or blogs.  To move forward we all need encouragement!  Wether it is a compliment or more, like telling someone your story and making a connection there, it will help you and that person move forward no matter what they are dealing with in their life.  Encouragement is amazing and everyone needs it.  So lets all start making a difference in small ways by encouraging others.

No comments: