Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 166. Laughter

Yesterday was a rough day.  I seem to have a lot of those around check up time.  But part of what made yesterday good was going to the Low Vision Clinic (my happy place) and being around people who know me, believe in me and are doing everything they can to help me become the best low vision therapist I can be.  And they make me laugh!!

I know that every time I go there I am going to learn something new, help someone use their remaining vision better and I am going to laugh!  And not just laugh...but that snort like a crazy person through your noise, turn beat red laugh!  The kind that makes your sides hurt and the tears role down your face!  Because I know I am going to be around people who are kind, good at their jobs, committed to education to those of us coming up in the field and just plain hilarious!!  And it feels GOOD!  Having that place that no matter how difficult things are, I can go there and do good things, make a difference and laugh.  I want to laugh so much more!  I want to be happy all the time!  And until I get there, I know at least once to twice a week I am going to be able to go to a place that makes me happy and makes me laugh!!

No comments: