Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Friday, November 20, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Days 104 & 105

Yes, I am combining days again.  Mostly because yesterday was a pretty rough day.  I found out that my first Mobility instructor passed away from brain cancer.  Bob was such an amazing teacher and a wonderful person!  I got to know him first during our mobility lessons and then even more when he took O & M for Children (a class) with us last spring.  I kind of broke down when I found out he passed.  I just kept crying and shaking and couldn't pull out of the sadness I felt.  And I am still sad today but I am able to function again.  So please say a prayer for Bob!!

Today was an interesting day.  We had the first part of a seminar on Dog Guides and learned a lot about walking with dogs and doing Juno walks; which is where a human takes the place of the dog.  It was really cool to work on walking around obstacles and walking routes:).  Looking forward to more work in the seminar tomorrow morning and learning Orientation with guide dogs:).

No comments: