Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, November 15, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 100. Finished!!

OK so I'm not done with school or anything like that, but I am done with my very last incompleted class!  Last fall I had to take several incompletes because I didn't have the energy to do 18 credits in one semester.  Today I turned in my last assignment and last extra credit assignment for my last incomplete class! I did a little happy dance and then saw how beautiful it was outside and decided to go for a nice long walk!  

It's just a small step but a step that is actually taking away a lot of stress right now.  I was so very frustrated when I had to stretch my program from one year to two years. I felt like I was failing even though I was just starting. But now I see that I just had to give myself a little more time to recover.  I still get really impatient because I still have those days where I just can't do anything, my energy is gone and I have to push myself to get the smallest thing done.  So a day like today when I can put that entire semester behind me is a very good day!

   I feel like now I really am moving forward because there's nothing left that I have to finish that I couldn't finish before.  So here's to baby steps in moving forward and not getting frustrated when the cancer and chemo effects rear their ugly little heads.  I know I can do it.  Maybe not like everybody else does it and maybe not in the timeframe everybody else does it but dang it, I AM GOING TO DO IT!  This time next year all my classes will be done, my internship will be done and I will only be moving forward.

So long Services class!  Goodbye incompletes!  I'm moving on!

No comments: