Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 103. Things You Can Do Without Sight

As many of you know my Master's Program is in Blindness and Low Vision.  One of the classes I am taking this semester is called Living Skills.  Learning how to do daily tasks that most people don't think about without sight.  I've written about a few of them when I was cooking.  Well, today I stepped completely out of my comfort zone without my blindfold and then I put the blindfold on!  I mostly successfully hammered a nail (I can never hammer them completely strait even with sight!); drilled a screw hole and then drilled a screw into it and then the best and scariest of them all for me...I sawed a piece of wood with a hand saw!  Lol!!

The guys in the class were in seventh heaven today as finally they were doing something that didn't involve cooking and cleaning!  Lol!  And I managed to work through some fears I have had of power tools and sharp objects and hammers (yes, I am a sissy!).  It was pretty great actually!!!!!  By the time I got to the scary saw last, I was feeling pretty good!  Despite my awkward hammering and jumping out of my skin when the drill really came to life when I pressed the trigger too hard and too fast, I had survived!  I'm not saying I am going to go out and buy a tool belt and lots of power tools...but I did work through some of my fear of messing up with them!  And without using my sight to boot!  I seriously love my field I am going in to.  It is teaching me so much that I can pass on and teach others but it is also teaching me a great deal about myself and what I am capable of doing in my life:).


No comments: