Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 106 A Good Birthday. :)

Today was my birthday.  I'm 36.  Birthdays have always been important to me but now...they mean so much more.  And today was a good day!  It started with the last part of a seminar put on at school by Seeing Eye Dogs.  The gentleman giving the seminar, Lucas, heard me say that today was my birthday yesterday when we were in the first part of the seminar.  So this morning he came in with a delicious piece of pumpkin cake, put a match in it and lit it for me to blow out and lead my fellow O & M students singing me happy birthday!  On top of that, one of our instructors, Amy, had made me a birthday cake at the urging of her little daughter!  During the seminar, I was also given a chance to teach a route to a dog guide user in town to practice teaching orientation to a dog guide user!!  Any chance to learn new skills and practice my current skills is pretty wonderful for me!!

Later this afternoon I went to a movie with a friend and classmate!  The movie was really great, Bridge of Spies, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to watch!  It was twice as fun to be able to go with a friend and have someone to chat with and laugh with!  Combine all of this with the Facebook messages, text messages and phone calls today...it was a pretty great day!

No comments: