Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 102. Guardian Angels

In talking to a friend today the subject of Guardian Angels came up.  But there is a lead in to the Angel side of the story.  I was having a rough time and my imagination took over or something in an attempt to calm myself down and a phrase came to mind that I now can't get out of my head.  But that phrase helped calm me down.  It was: "God holds you together and I'll hold you up."  The funny thing was I imagined someone very dear to me saying it and it was a little  out of character for this person to say something like that.  But as soon as the words started going through my head I started to calm down.

After a while I started to think about where this phrase came from and why my brain imagined that particular person saying it.  Something you should know about me, incase most of you haven't guessed it yet, is that I am a religious person and love God very much and lean on Him all the time.  I also strongly believe in and lean on my Guardian Angel constantly!  At least, I try to remember to!  This is where the Guardian Angel comes in to the story.  I realized that probably this particular person I imagined saying that phrase was simply my Angel putting a calming image in my mind and reminding me what they are there for.  To protect me and comfort me.  To be with me 24/7.  Then I started thinking about all the many things I have done in my life and how many times I went charging strait ahead without thinking!  I am sure that my actions have gotten my Guardian Angel to just stand there and stare at me in shock and then bury their head in their hands.  And of course there are the moments that I am sure my Angel has done more than one Face Palm!  If Angels had a body of a human and hands to smack over there faces in shock and frustration, I know my Angel would have their hand constantly going to their face!!

So I guess what is making me smile today is my Guardian Angel.  :)  As much as I lead them on a merry chase trying to keep me safe and out of physical and spiritual harm, I know they will always be there for me.  Like tonight when they put those beautiful words in my mind and stopped me from crying so hard in fear and anxiety that I was shaking.  They wrapped their arms around me and soothed me, reminding me I am not alone even when I feel alone.  So even though I know there are countless times my Angel has their head in their hands because of what I do, I also know they are there to pull me safely into their arms and whisper words I need to hear to keep moving forward. The more I think of those words that came to my mind the more perfect they are in describing what my Angel does for me every day.  "God holds you together, and I'll hold you up."


No comments: