Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 108. A Rough Day

Once again I am having to retroactively write a few blog posts.  This week has been a little crazy.

Today was a sad day.  One of my instructor's (who also became a classmate last semester for one class) passed away from brain cancer and today was his funeral.  Bob was such a good person.  He gave everything he had for his family, students and anyone he met.  In the few weeks I had him as my cane instructor before he first got sick I learned so much from him!  He was the type of person who could teach you a lesson once and you remembered it.  His skill in O & M was wonderful to see.  I feel blessed and privileged to have been his student.

So while I am sad I am also trying to remember Bob smiling at me when I took off my blindfold at the end of a lesson and sitting and talking with him.  Listening to him talk in our OMC class that he took with us so he could answer more questions about children since he worked with adults, was always fascinating as he drew his insights from his many years of experience.  In his over 40 years working in O & M Bob did so much.  Every time I drive down Oakland Drive and see Mobility Mile, a stretch of safe walking along the road that he championed, I am going to smile through the sad feelings knowing he has made such a big mark on so many people, including myself.  Rest in Peace Bob!  And thank you for everything you taught me.

No comments: