Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 114. Candles and Music!

One might think from the title that this is about a romantic moment.  Unfortunately it isn't.  But it is about a pleasant afternoon!  Today I had to write a lesson plan for a craft I will have to teach in my Living Skills class to my classmates while they are under the blindfold.  I had originally wanted to make snowmen tree ornaments but had to opt for the cheaper and simpler paper chains!

So, to help me stay relaxed and enjoy doing the paper work, I lit my Lilac scented candle and turned on Pandora to my Celtic Women station and sat at my table to work.  I will admit that putting the paper chain together to use as an example was fun!  I even did it under the blindfold so I could come up with any necessary adaptations and figure out how to best word the lesson.  Now the whole apartment smells like lilacs (one of my favorite flowers) and pleasant music is drowning out the drone of the humidifier.  I have several examples of paper chains on my table and my finished lesson plan in the folder next to them, ready to take to class in the morning!  So now I can relax a little and just enjoy the music and the rest of the afternoon!

No comments: