Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 84 & 85. Finally Found a Smile.

Yesterday and today have been pretty rough.  A lot of school work, constant rain and the inability to focus, among many other things, has been building on top of me lately and today the damn burst and it was just not a good day.

I realized today was the second day without writing anything on here and I was seriously tempted to let it go to day three to see if things improved.  But then I remembered that would completely go against what I am trying to do here.  To remind myself that there is always something to make you smile, even on those terrible, no good days.

I will admit, I have been struggling as to what to write about.  I was scrolling through Facebook tonight looking at all the costumes of people and unfortunately, that just made me miss my friends more!  Then I came across a silly meme.  Nothing overly hysterical about it, but for some reason it started to make me laugh so hard!!  Every time I went back to it (and I found myself scrolling back to it several times) I just started laughing again!  And that felt so good!  I really, really needed to laugh today!  So I am sharing it below and hoping to spread the laughter to anyone else having a string of those terrible, no good days.

For my friends who can't see, the cartoon is of a mother in the kitchen basting a turkey and a bottle and glass of wine on the counter behind her.  She is singing: "Because you know I'm all about that baste, 'bout that baste--" and her daughter is looking at her saying "No more wine mom."




No comments: