Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Monday, October 12, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 66. A New Observation

One of the things I'm doing while in school is getting observation hours in for my Low Vision Certification so I can do Low Vision Therapy along with O & M. Today I took another step forward in learning. 

One of the many devices out there to help the visually impaired is called a Biotptic.  It helps people see smaller details at a distance.  It is used in many cases to help people drive. Today I got a chance to start learning how to help people learn how to use the Biotptic. It was pretty cool to see the work in progress and see the excitement and determination that comes from someone regaining a freedom they thought they had lost!  One of the many, many reasons I love my field!!

No comments: