Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 58. Meeting Friends at the Store!

Today I went shopping for my groceries for the week and was waiting at the deli counter for my order and texting a friend when a cart rammed into mine and I hear a guy say "Hey Lady!  Watch out!"  I looked up in shock and caught myself from saying "Excuse me!" when I saw my White Cane instructor standing there laughing at me!  LOL!!!  I hadn't seen him since this summer and it was so nice to catch up!

Incase anyone is wondering, I am learning to teach Orientation and Mobility to blind and visually impaired adults.  Part of what that means is I will be teaching white cane techniques.  So to be able to teach them I had to learn them.  Last fall I spent about 6 hours a week walking around inside and outside under a blindfold with my instructor.  We got along great and usually ended up laughing at the hilarious things that always happen when you are learning a new skill!  So it was really nice "running" into him at the store:).    I like it when you randomly meet a friend when you are out and about doing things!  It just puts a smile on your face as you continue on with your day:).

No comments: