Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

365 Things to Smile About Day 74 A GOO DAY:)

Today was a good day!  I didn't get as much done that I wanted to but I was able to get two very important things accomplished!

First, I was able to get registered for my last three classes for my degree next semester!!  After they finish in April I start my internship in May and when that is done (about 15 weeks later) I will get my diploma!!!!

Second, I turned in the paperwork for my graduation audit, which registers you to graduate!  I am hoping to walk at the ceremony this April and then get my diploma in September.  So, in about 5 months, I will be walking in the graduation ceremony...and there WON'T be a wheel chair in sight!!!  And I won't need someone to hold my arm for balance while I walk across the stage!!  I WILL STILL BE IN REMISSION WITH NO SIGN OF CANCER AND STARTING A WONDERFUL NEW CHAPTER!!  And yes I had to shout that because cancer is a stubborn little b%#&h and doesn't like to listen so you sometimes have to shout to make sure you are understood!

For those wondering...this excitement I'm feeling now goes back to my cancer diagnosis.  The week before finals for my undergrad degree (at the same University I am at now) I was in and out of the ER and then admitted for five days.  I ended up having 5 blood transfusions because of a good amount of blood loss in 5 days.  I also ended up in surgery on the first day of my finals and actually at the same time as my first final!  I was released a day later but was still crazy anemic so I couldn't walk very far or long.  I was given my diagnosis the next day and that pretty much took whatever wind I had left in my sails out!  So three days later when the graduation ceremony came around (all but one teacher gave me passes on my finals) I had to use a wheelchair for the walk in, the walk to and from the stage and the walk out.  And a very kind gentleman walked across the stage with me so I could balance on him.  I was so pumped I kinda flew across that stage (adrenaline is amazing!) and ended up almost stumbling on the ramp off it and was happy to see the wheelchair waiting for me on the other side!!

Anyway, I guess my point is, three years later, I WON'T need a wheel chair!  I WILL walk in and out and across the stage on my own steam!!  That to me is pretty amazing!  And today I took a big step towards that moment!!






No comments: