Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Days 338 & 339. Hello Wall.

I didn't think it was going to happen.  I honestly thought I was done with smacking into the exhaustion wall.   It's been such a long time that I can't remember the last time I hit that wall where I felt like I was back in chemo and my body was shaking and I couldn't hold myself up.  Well, I found the wall.  Teaching 4 back to back O & M lessons to teenagers each day and then adding a 5th lesson on in the evening without properly hydrating with Gatorade or bringing enough food!  Yes, I know, the hydrating and food was probably the kicker here.  And I am starting to adjust.  I forgot just how much teaching kids, no matter how much you love what you do, completely saps the strength right out of you!  They have all this energy and somehow they syphon off your's too!! Fortunately, falling into bed at the end of the day and sleeping like a log is helping a great deal!

The really great thing is, before the first week of working with the teenage summer program has even ended, I know I am going to love the challenge and the amazing progress in store!  So yes, hello wall.  It's been a long time and while I am not exactly happy to see you again...at least I got here by throwing everything I have into my work and then...forgetting to drink and eat properly!  I bought some PowerAid at the store tonight!




No comments: