Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 351. Dancing Three Years Later!

One of the best things about working in O and M is that it can be done anywhere doing anything!  Including dancing!  Every Monday night there is Ballroom Dancing lessons for the teenagers I am working with.  I kept getting requests to come to some of their evening activities and I had a free evening so I went to go watch the dance lesson.  And then I got pulled into the dance lesson and had a blast!

One of the many things I love about my work is the sense of confidence I feel around my clients no matter what their age!  I always do my best to draw them out and that includes trying to get teenagers very much not excited about dancing to have a good time!  So I was doing everything I could to get them laughing and moving to the music as we practiced the steps being taught!  It worked with a few and there were even a couple who honestly enjoyed the lessons!  I got twirled around by a kid quite a bit shorter than I and had so much fun because he was into learning anything he could about dancing!  He was so excited he got the move down that I got twirled A LOT!!!  Lol!! One of the instructors came over and complimented him on doing so well with a taller partner and assured the kid the he (the instructor) had often had taller partners for dancing!  lol!  And when asked, I was able to assure after the first couple tries, the student was the one leading me!  lol!  It was a great night and I was laughing about it all the way home!!

What was really awesome was it was three years to the day since my second chemo treatment.  TimeHop is so good at bringing up the good and bad memories.  But as I was looking at the picture I realized just how far I have come!  Sure, not everything is back to the way it was and some things never will be.  But I am here, working 9 to 12 hour days all week every week and am two and a half weeks away from finishing my internship and my Masters program,  At the same time I will also (hopefully) be dual certified in two areas of my field!  I look at the pictures of me sitting in my chemo chair with my mom and my nurses and I know that I didn't see all this in my future at all.  I will continue to be amazed every day I think.  And I am glad that I am able to look back and see how far I have come and everything that has happened in my life.  I know some people don't like to look back.  And often looking back is very difficult for me.  For me though, being able to see the difference is what helps me move forward.  My past has shaped who I am.  Good or bad, that past is a part of me.  And now, what is important is how I am going to move forward into my future to keep making that difference between then and now bigger and bigger each day.

No comments: