Feeling Good!

Virginia

Virginia
Spending an afternoon at Marymount during my internship!

My rocks!

My rocks!
Wouldn't be where I am without my parents!

Graduation

Graduation
Walking for my Masters. An interesting book end as this all started when I graduated from undergrad!

Awesome Nurses!

Awesome Nurses!
After my port removal and saying goodbye to my chemo nurses before moving away from Michigan. Wouldn't be doing that without them!

Last Chemo

Last Chemo

Silliness

Silliness
Something to remember and return to. A good day!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

365 Things to Smile About Day 357. Pink Hair and Pretty Sunsets!

Today was a day mostly spent studying.  However I had a few moments where I was either completely silly or completely relaxed:).  Earlier this evening I had to run to a dollar store to get a soap dish as my bright idea of putting the bar of soap on double thick toilet paper obviously was not the great idea one might think it would be....however it frustratingly got the job done until I could remember to run to the store!  While I was there I saw hot pink hair extensions!  All I could think was that my niece (who is hopefully getting out of the hospital tomorrow after fighting a kidney infection!) would get a kick out of seeing me with pink hair!!  Lol!  So I grabbed a box!

As I was trying to figure out how to use them without completely snarling my hair I started laughing uncontrollably at how ridiculous it was!  And that felt great!  Then I snapped a few pictures and was laughing even harder at how great it looked!  I think with all the big, life changing decisions I have to make I needed a few minutes of utter ridiculous, silly and light hearted behavior and those hot pink extensions did it for me!  I eventually got it kinda figured out and video chatted so my niece could see them and yes...there was peals of laughter!!!  Jackpot!!

Then this evening I was doing laundry and caught a glimpse of the sunset.  It was so beautiful!  I stood outside for a bit and grabbed a couple pictures.  Then I just relaxed and watched the sun set for a while.  I felt a lovely, gentle calm settle over me and it felt good!  For a few minutes I felt like I could just breath and not have to think about big decisions and big changes.  So while today was a mostly study day, there was laughter and there was peacefulness too.  When you can have both in a single day, thats a pretty good day!

Pink hair extensions coming out from underneath my long, blond hair and falling over my shoulders!


My hair twisted up in a clip with the pink hair coming out of the clip and over to one side.


Sunset of orange, yellow through dusky triple clouds through the branches of two trees blackened out.

No comments: